Chaga Egg Drop Soup
MAKES: 6-8 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
READY IN: 20 minutes
A traditional appetiser in Chinese cuisine. Budget-friendly, low-calorie, and now chaga-enhanced! To add a pop of colour, garnish your chaga egg drop soup with chopped green onions.INGREDIENTS
2 litres chicken stock
1 litre water + 2 teaspoon instant chaga (or 1 litre of chaga tea)
1 small Napa cabbage
1 small white onion
3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 3 tablespoons water
Salt, to taste
1. Add soluble Instant Chaga to the water and stir to make chaga tea, or use pre-prepared chaga tea.
2. Prepare the vegetables. Napa cabbage: wash it and chop it roughly. White onion: peel and dice it. Garlic cloves: Peel and mince them.
3. In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onions until they're soft and translucent. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add the chicken stock, chaga tea, cabbage, ginger powder, and white pepper. Stir until the soup reaches a simmer. Reduce the heat to bring it below simmering and cover for 10 minutes to soften the cabbage. In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
5. Remove the lid and stir the soup to create a whirlpool. Pour the whisked eggs into the center of the whirlpool to create egg ribbons.
6. Add the sesame oil, and then the corn flour. Stir well. Add salt to taste.