Chaga Stock Cubes
MAKES: 30-36 cubes
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
READY IN: 5-6 hours
USES: Instant Chaga
Store-bought stock cubes can lack taste or get boring. Bring complexity to your soups, curries, and risottos with your very own homemade chaga stock cubes.
Use 1 cube for a litre of water. Keeps in the freezer for 1 month.
3-4 teaspoons Instant Chaga
2 tablespoons olive oil
250g sea salt
10 cherry tomatoes
1. Wash the vegetables (except for the onion) and chop them into big pieces.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and put all the vegetables in. Add the salt and stir it to coat everything. Cover the pot with a lid and keep it on medium heat for 1 hour.
3. Remove the lid and check if all the vegetables are mushy. Add your Instant Chaga and blend everything with a hand blender.
4. Keep the pot on medium heat for another 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetable water has evaporated. Let your chaga vegetable mixture cool.
5. Transfer your mixture onto a sheet of greaseproof paper. Place another sheet on top of it and flatten it into a square about 1/4 inch thick. Remove the top sheet and slice the mixture into 3×3 cm squares. Place the sheet into a baking tray and freeze it. In 3-4 hours, your chaga stock cubes should be ready to be transferred into a container.